Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 12 - Best Overnight Gluten Free Oatmeal Ever!!

I had to post this morning due to the most amazing breakfast I have ever eaten!! This is fantastic for all of my GF (Gluten Free) friends out there. You will be in heaven!


Carrot Cake Overnight Oats


1/3 cup gluten free oats (regular small oats will work as well)
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed or chia seeds or 1/2 and ½
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp. maple syrup (the real stuff!)
1/4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
2 tbsp. thinly chopped apple
3 dates, chopped (I didn’t have any on hand, but this recipe turned out great without too!
1 tbsp. shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp. chopped almonds or pecans
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk


Directions:


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator over night. In the morning, stir the mixture and add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk. You can heat this on the stove over medium-low heat or enjoy cold for a more fresh approach. Garnish with coconuts, almonds and a sprinkle of cinnamon and maple syrup

Recipe courtesy of Not Your Standard website


So I got all my kids at home tonight - I've decided to take my Rest Day today

Dinner is a pita pizza.  Taking a medium whole wheat pita as the shell, tomato sauce, ham, onions, green pepper, mushrooms and a little bit of cheese. 

Delish!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment